Civi 7.62x25

Dsiwy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Is there any place that sells "non" steel core 7.62x25 "my indoor range wont let me shoot steel core :(
 
For the most part all you're going to find is old surplus that is steel core and corrosive. I did find some copper washed non-corrosive Norinco ammo but that was also steel cored. I know there are a few guys on the board that reload for 7.62X25 but finding some proper non-corrosive and non-steel core ammo might prove impossible . . . unless you were stateside ;)
 
You can use 30 Mauser instead, but it is usually expensive, and may take a while to find. But once you collected some brass, you could start reloading for it.
 
I would say give up the idea of shooting the tok indoors...I had to...I do recall that cheaper than dirt had some options but of course they are in the US, but you could go through the paperwork and hassle if you have your heart set on it.
 
No Steel Core

It should be noted that there is a common misconception that much of the 7.62 Tokarev surplus ammunition commonly found on the market uses copper-coated mild steel bullets.

The myth states that this increases the chances of dangerous ricochets when fired at hard targets and can damage the bullet traps often used on shooting ranges. The importation of 7.62x25 cartridges loaded with copper-coated steel bullets into the USA would be illegal, as federal law defines these as armor-piercing pistol ammunition.

These projectiles are actually lead-core projectiles with copper-washed steel jackets, and present no greater risk of ricochet than a standard copper-jacketed projectile.
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x25mm_Tokarev

PS. Magnet Test would not determin anything, because it would pick up both steel-core, and led-core with copper-washed steel jacket.
 
Check out the Fiocci site. I think they make it commercially. I think I saw some Norma advertised at one time a few years back. With all of those pistols out there, I'm sure someone is making it.
 
I have a few spam cans of cheap surplus. the cases are copper and the bullets are lead core. The best way to test a bullet is with a side cutter. If you can cut the bullet in half, it is lead.

lead cheap surplus exists.
 
Back
Top Bottom