Clabrough Johnstone SxS and Winchester Model 1890

CZ Canuck

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Location
Vancouver
A buddy of mine just inherited the above firearms and was looking for information on them.
PM me any info you may have on them (including worth should he decide to sell) as i do not frequent this forum.
I have asked him to send me pics so that I can post them.
Clabrough Johnstone (Missing one firing pin and one hammer does not #### smoothly)
IMG_3772_zps41921ce8.jpg

IMG_3761_zps5ef3a3fb.jpg

IMG_3764_zps38392480.jpg

IMG_3775_zpsd0531c5c.jpg

IMG_3763_zpsf1f16449.jpg

IMG_3770_zps05a7cdbe.jpg

IMG_3777_zps2d555af8.jpg

IMG_3780_zps99f7aaf5.jpg

IMG_3778_zps9f9112cd.jpg


IMG_3771_zpsceadc724.jpg


Winchester Model 1890, .22 Short (Missing mag spring and mag cap. I think he is going to order parts from Numrich)

IMG_3759_zpsed2b6a7c.jpg

IMG_3758_zps09c5b192.jpg

IMG_3757_zps5ef30cbf.jpg

IMG_3755_zpsff11396d.jpg

IMG_3748_zpsb19a5910.jpg

IMG_3751_zps8ca4a761.jpg

IMG_3747_zps8d24f16e.jpg

IMG_3745_zpsc239b217.jpg

CZ
 
Last edited:
Pics will go a long way with identification, hard to guess right now with no info. Once you have pics it should be pretty simple.

Cheers, McLean
 
Price on the Clabrough depends in part on the condition of the bore but with a broken stock and probably work needed on either the tumble or the sear, I can't see it exceeding $200. firing pin is an easy make. The 22 pump also depends on the bore; many have fairly pitted bores from lots of shooting and minimal cleaning and / or because they have been gallery guns. (22 short makes me suspicious). I also don't think the 22 short can be changed to long rifle because I seem to recall that the cartridge carrier / lifter is slightly different. With a shootable bore, I think $300 - $500 when missing parts replaced and depending on closer look. And no I don't want to buy it; already have one in long rifle

cheers mooncoon
 
Yes, the Clabrough is a $200.00 parts gun if anyone needed those exact parts. Would cost a fortune to replace the stock and refinish the barrels. Also how much play is in the action or pitting in the bores?
 
Back
Top Bottom