I think this was demonstrated to me a while back, but I've either forgotten or come up with more questions.
How in the heck does one properly clean a traditional pinned barrel flintlock?
The only blackpowder muzzle loaders I shoot have hooked breeches, so cleaning is easy. But what I wonder is, how does one clean a flintlock barrel out without soaking the wood in hot water?? Cleaning my muzzle loaders is a long involved process that usually results in me being covered in as much water as the gun is, since it takes forever to get the water to run clear out of the barrel.... so I'm either incredibly messy or there's a trick to cleaning flintlocks without waterlogging the stocks.
How in the heck does one properly clean a traditional pinned barrel flintlock?
The only blackpowder muzzle loaders I shoot have hooked breeches, so cleaning is easy. But what I wonder is, how does one clean a flintlock barrel out without soaking the wood in hot water?? Cleaning my muzzle loaders is a long involved process that usually results in me being covered in as much water as the gun is, since it takes forever to get the water to run clear out of the barrel.... so I'm either incredibly messy or there's a trick to cleaning flintlocks without waterlogging the stocks.


















































