Island Gun Nut
Member
So I have a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x25 surplus and obviously it looks and feels like crap. It's all tarnished and gritty.
What can I do to clean it up? Will liquids potentially seep into the case and ruin the ammo? Is there a dry medium to tumble it around in?
I plan on reloading various kinds of ammo down the road so I wouldn't mind eating the cost of a case tumbler if there's a way for it to clean my live stuff without ruining it.
And yes, part of why I want to do this is for aesthetic reasons, but half of it is because of functionality. I can't imagine the ammo being that dirty and gritty is good for feeding reliability.
Thanks,
What can I do to clean it up? Will liquids potentially seep into the case and ruin the ammo? Is there a dry medium to tumble it around in?
I plan on reloading various kinds of ammo down the road so I wouldn't mind eating the cost of a case tumbler if there's a way for it to clean my live stuff without ruining it.
And yes, part of why I want to do this is for aesthetic reasons, but half of it is because of functionality. I can't imagine the ammo being that dirty and gritty is good for feeding reliability.
Thanks,



















































