Cleaning my cylinder after firing?

budman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Location
S.W Bantario
Some guns are easy to clean,some require some tools.
I finally shot 74 round through my Webley yesterday.
I have removed the cylinder from the frame,but how
do I remove the extractor from the cylinder?
 
I'm going from memory on this, but I believe there's one of these hiding directly below the cylinder star. If it isn't seized in place a carefully used dental hook sometimes can be used to loosen odd sized ones, however if you're keeping your gun a correct tool can also be made from ground flat bladed screwdrivers and work better. Hit the nut with a lot of ultra thin penetrating oil - maybe even a solvent bath before to remove as much old fouling and hardened grease as you can if it's sealed itself in there.

Again, going from memory but I seem to remember this' how it goes, and the pic supports my memory so I'm probably not totally up the wrong creek :p

_169_A66020_Radlagermutter_mit_Aussengewinde_gross_Ami_m.jpg




You can see the nut on the shaft of the extractor/star assembly here

Webley%20photo.jpg
 
I see from that picture that it's also a left hand thread. So watch out for that.

It looks like the part on the left of that line is a screw. Is that right?
 
I didn't look that close,but you are right. Maybe that is why it hasn't moved yet.
I am not applying much pressure,will try the other way now. Good catch!!
 
Oh my, I got it apart, how in the heck am I going to get that back in? LOL
I will have to figure out a special tool for this procedure.
 
On inspection of the parts, the screw at the bottom of the spring,is it left or right hand thread?
I don't want to break it going the wrong way.
 
I didn't see any videos on youtube for this MK I.
Upon looking this over, it would be easier to remove
the small screw holding the spring first,then you can
slide the ejector out to remove the left handed screw
under the ejector. Reassemble in reverse order.
 
Back
Top Bottom