Collectable Ammo?

WayneD

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Took my new (to me) 1899 Savage 250 to the range today along with the one complete box of ammo that came with it (see pics). The owner of the range said that the ammo was worth quite a bit more as a collectors item than the cost of a new box of ammo (which I was buying anyway). Any truth to that or was he just "funnin me"? The box is a little the worse for wear but is complete.
DSC06017.jpg

DSC06016.jpg
 
Well, CIL hasn't made ammo since the late 60's. It will be collector's stuff.
Epp's lists new .250-3000 Savage(same thing) ammo. No mention of what make or how much. Remington and Winchester load it. Remington only loads it seasonally though.
Shooter's Choice in Waterloo wants $37.95 per 20 for 100 grain SP's. Remington. They say they keep it in stock too. They'll ship, but I'd hate to think what that'd cost.
 
The cost for Remington 100 grain in Savage 250 at the Stittsville Shooting Range is $29.99
They are a small outfit but I always found the prices there more than reasonable. The individual who told me not to fire off the old ammo is the owner of the range (but I can't remember his name for the life of me).
 
Back
Top Bottom