Collecting antiques = Addiction.

Let's hope I'm wrong. I remember that I was wrong once before. But then it turned out that I was mistaken.

that's one of my sayings occasionally too.

I think I first heard it from an old time trapper when I was a kid. He had some gems. Pocket watch was so accurate he noted the atomic clock 1:00 time signal was out by a minute one day. But they fixed it by the next day.

I'm a little addicted to antiques but not looking to expand my modest collection. Mostly enjoy shooting older shotguns and have a couple to play with.
 
My interest in collecting antique guns started in the early 1960s which is when my father and I shot them.

My interest in the U.S. Civil war started in the early 1970s with the addition of a '58 Remington Army and a DA Starr Army revolver.

Because of a more limited Civil War antique arms availability in Canada I branched off into WWII German - American and Russian stuff.

In the past few years I have traded/sold a number of my WWII pieces and have gone back to my interest in the U.S. Civil War period.

I suspect this is where my collecting interests will remain.

I doubt (and hope) that changing gun legislation will NOT affect this area of collecting.

Some of my stuff.





































Some examples of private purchases during the Civil War period.

 
Last edited:
This is an incredible collection, after seeing those, i am shy off showing my 6 pieces little collection.:)
 
Addiction is right,only been a gun owner for a year...i think I'm at twenty. Got a couple hours of show and tell with a gunsmith in his 90s. An incredible collection of firearms of all different types. Been looking at a few,hard to decide which to get....first.
 
I have add a Colt Dragoon and another Webley Mark 1** to my collection, the addiction is going strong.
 
Yep, initially I was never interested in them. Then, one day a friend took me shooting and showed me a few of his and of course- I got hooked.

I acquired these in 2018. French 1892, dated 1894 and Swiss 1882 made in 1897.
303b7e70207a4e608eaf8d94bfa941d9832229e4.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom