Collectors value of old CIL .22 govt ammo?

diananike

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
The Pas MB
I was just wondering about the valu of an old box of CIL .22 I've got.

It is a full box and is marked
"property of Canadian government" on one side.
I got it from a soldiers wife after he passed on.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to it's value?
 
Oh I thought it was military surplus.
I'm surprised it would be worth the same as new ammo.
Oh well I guess I have a nice box on my collection shelf.
 
There are two types, the older boxes are biege with blue printing, the later ones are biege with red and blue printing and a picture of the cartridge, both have "greased bullets". There is a different smell to them when fired compared to todays ammo, reminds me of the high school indoor range sessions we had in Ontario (50's-60's). I have a couple bricks left and when ever I am feeling nostalgic, I run a couple of boxes through my 52C or T-Bolt(1966) they say scent is our strongest memory, sure reminds me of simpler times. I saw some of this ammo at the Edmonton gun show, they were asking $10-$15 a box, about the same for the old CIL Whiz-Bangs, not that long ago they could be had for less than $5.
 
How about Gevelot Whiz-bang? Is that the same as the CIL? or am I mixing up two old childhood memories?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom