so I bought a colt 1860 44. good shape and matching serial #"s. cylinder is matching also but the nipples were completely worn out. seeing as most of the cyl scroll work was gone I decided on a new cylinder to save any more wear on the original to keep the serial # visible. was informed a uberti cylinder would do the trick so got one. when trying to install on the cylinder pin it was found the cylinder pin hole in the cylinder was too small and would not fit. had the cylinder reamed out to go over the pin and looked good but found it would not rotate or lock in place when using the action. decided to go with new nipples for the old cylinder so after 3 day soaking in wd40 managed to get them out with minimal effort and no damage. had a gunsmith measure them up for me and ordered new .225x32(original colt 1860)nipples. now when they came, and they are clearly marked, I found when installing they would almost fall into the nipple holes. they are even visibly different with a longer thread on the originals and diameter is clearly larger on the originals. I am really baffled about this and would like to hear any thoughts on what is going on. I had heard each gun was hand fitted but would they allow that much variance that nothing interchanges? thanks for any replies


















































