Hey Guys,
I thought i'd post a couple of pics and share some information for you folks on here. I'm working on an 1877 in .41 LC manufactured in 1881.
it seemed to be impossible to get parts in canada so i started contacting retailers in the states to see who would ship to Canada via USPS. I wasn't too crazy about the factory hard rubber grips so I ordered some blanks from dixiegunworks and they ship to Canada no problems! Along with the grips i also got a few spare parts.
https://www.dixiegunworks.com/
To polish the gun up i used FLITZ polish that i bought off amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0000AXNJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here's a pic of how i received the revolver in the fall.

Here are some pics so far (I used my dremel with a sanding drum to make the edges look like the original grip, you can see the blanks lying on the table).

I really like boiled linseed oil stain, here's a shot after the first coat. I probably applied between 10-15 coats before being done (waiting a week between each coat).

Here's the final product, i'm not sure if i'm going to keep this revolver yet, but i really like it with the new grips. These antiques seem to be commanding quite a premium these days.



I thought i'd post a couple of pics and share some information for you folks on here. I'm working on an 1877 in .41 LC manufactured in 1881.
it seemed to be impossible to get parts in canada so i started contacting retailers in the states to see who would ship to Canada via USPS. I wasn't too crazy about the factory hard rubber grips so I ordered some blanks from dixiegunworks and they ship to Canada no problems! Along with the grips i also got a few spare parts.
https://www.dixiegunworks.com/
To polish the gun up i used FLITZ polish that i bought off amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0000AXNJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here's a pic of how i received the revolver in the fall.

Here are some pics so far (I used my dremel with a sanding drum to make the edges look like the original grip, you can see the blanks lying on the table).

I really like boiled linseed oil stain, here's a shot after the first coat. I probably applied between 10-15 coats before being done (waiting a week between each coat).

Here's the final product, i'm not sure if i'm going to keep this revolver yet, but i really like it with the new grips. These antiques seem to be commanding quite a premium these days.





















































