Colt 1892 question

johnnylo

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
291   0   0
Location
ONTARIO
Does anyone know it there is special tool you can get to remove the cylinder off of the crane on a Colt 1892. I do not want to damage the ejector ratchet and figure there must be some tool to assist.
 
I forget exactly how I did it, but it involved needle nose pliers with rubber on the jaws. The ratched threads are REVERSE if you did not know, and staked so it may require a tad bit of force but be gentle. After the ratchet comes off I think the cylinder will come off the ejector rod. I swapped the cylinder on one I had so I have taken it completely apart.

I expect Starpuss to chime in with his vast experince with these guns.
 
I got her off, thanks 41 Colt, needed some oil to loosen things up. I still need to do a little more fitting with the new ejector ratchet as it is still a little to snug in the cylinder face and sticks....
 
Back
Top Bottom