COLT 1892 Witch Grip Looks Better.

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
Witch one looks better? (the Grips Not the Guns.)
Dont have much for good pic's right now.
7654.JPG

SANY0485.JPG

SANY0486.JPG
 
I'm not a fan of anything synthetic on a arm so those rubber grips hurt my eyes.

Those wood grips don't really tickle my fancy either sorry....

I would be thinking something plain wood, bone or antler.


With all that said, I bet the rubber ones feel good.d:h:
 
Here's Pachmyers for another look on my antique 1892 snubby in .38spl. I have since put the same Hogues you first post on it and am prefering it. Are those wood ones from a Python? They don't look too bad, how do they feel?

2hnw8yo.jpg


35i6gt1.jpg
 
I like orignal grips on the 1892 and 1889 DA Colts.

For Shooters tho i can see likeing them rubber grips.

P1010009_57.jpg
 
I like orignal grips on the 1892 and 1889 DA Colts.

For Shooters tho i can see likeing them rubber grips.

Original wood DEFINATELY look better but I don't like them much at all for shooting, especially since trying the rubber.
 
Here's Pachmyers for another look on my antique 1892 snubby in .38spl. I have since put the same Hogues you first post on it and am prefering it. Are those wood ones from a Python? They don't look too bad, how do they feel?

Both of mine are Also 38 spl. (and i have Also a 2.5-3" one. But it is not Done yet. and i have a set of Grips like yours on it. i like them seeing there nice and short.

Yup that wood Grip is off a Python But i say it Sucks in your Hand,


i have the Factory Grips for one of them. But i dont want to Crack them , thats why i installed a after market set.


As of Right now i find the Hogues are my best bet.
 
Sorry, but both those grips look f@$ked up to me... How about carving out a pair, proportional to the originals? In a pinch, I would use the Hogue grips. The wood ones actual kinda make me think "S&W".
 
You can also get the Hogues in Exotic wood for the Python frame (I or E?). I bought the rubber Hogues to see if I would like them and may get a pair in Pau Ferro to finish it off. If I got mine nicely reblued it would probably look sweet with wooden Hogues
 
You can also get the Hogues in Exotic wood for the Python frame (I or E?). I bought the rubber Hogues to see if I would like them and may get a pair in Pau Ferro to finish it off. If I got mine nicely reblued it would probably look sweet with wooden Hogues


i seen them b4. and i have a set on order But it's stuck on bo!
 
Back
Top Bottom