colt 41 da revolver

I load and shoot both smokeless & blackpowder for the .41 Colt.

I cast pure soft lead bullets with a Rapine 386-185 hollow base mold. Rapine no longer manufactures molds, so your options are used or other manufacturers. They are lubed with a 50/50/10 beeswax/crisco/olive oil lube.

I use Redding dies from Buffalo Arms, it also looks like they carry a couple molds.

Starline makes very nice .41 Colt brass and Mystiplayer on this site can get it for the best price I have come across.

I load about 19gr of FFFg blackpowder.

For smokeless I use 4.4gr Unique. I find my hollow base bullets being such soft lead work well with smokeless, accuracy is the same or better than some 200gr heeled bullets I tried earlier on.

I get an average of 680fps with SM, haven't crony'd BP yet but it's probably around 800fps.
 
Back
Top Bottom