Colt army 1860

CFMopar

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Btown Ont
Anyone an expert on these here?

Stumbled across one of these at work the other day and was wondering how one tells if one is civilian / army version.

I took some pictures whats everyone think this one here is worth?
 
photo9.jpg

<br>
photo.jpg

<br>
photo1.jpg

<br>
photo4.jpg

<br>
photo5.jpg

<br>
photo6.jpg

<br>
photo7.jpg

<br>
photo8.jpg
 
sorry if some came out blurry. They were taken with an iphone. I'm going to grab a few more tomorrow. If there is anything specific someone wants to see let me know tonight so I can grab it.

Thanks
 
I am by no means an expert but aside from the gun the case looks a lot newer than the gun.
From the serial number the date of manufacture is 1863 so may have seen action in the U.S. Civil War..... this would be the best case scenario as far as value goes, it would need rock solid provenance to prove it's involvement.
Try to get clear pictures of all markings and find out if there is any history that goes with the gun.
 
The date on the cylinder is a patent date for the extra safety notches between the chambers,can't make out the serial number to date the gun. Here is link to a Manhattan web site that has lots of information on these "Colt Clones":

http://www.manhattanfirearms.com/

I have a Series IV Navy .36 cal. with a 5 1/2 inch barrel...really nice guns and well made.
 
Back
Top Bottom