Colt New Line - Antique Status

GMoon

Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am looking to purchase a Colt New Line in .41 Short Colt from an individual in the USA. He wants an official document that verifies the antique Colt can be sent to Canada. Is there some one that can send me a copy of the FRT showing all Colt New Line revolvers were built between 1876 & 1884 and that the .41 Short Colt cartridge is on the good side of the antique list? Thank you for your help and any direction you may provide.
 
Contact the CFC. Ask for the firearms lab. Marianne is who I deal with. They'll want pics close up of the firearm and markings including serial number. If they are satisfied with what you provide them, they will issue an antique letter. That should in itself be enough for the seller.

If it is a centrefire newline good find.
 
Okay, thanks Connexion123. Is what you are talking about the "antique letter" that, from what I hear takes a month or more to get? I have antique letters for some of my other prescribed antiques, but I was hoping not to have to wait so long. On a previous deal in the USA all I did was fashion up my own paper detailing the qualifications of the firearm (French 1873) and it was sent up no problem (made it in less than 10 days). The deal I am working on now the seller wants an "official document" which I would like to take as a copy of a FRT report listing all Colt New Line Pocket revolvers as antique. It is in .41 Short Colt (41 cal C) on the side of the frame, same as the other one I have now.
 
Okay, thanks Connexion123. Is what you are talking about the "antique letter" that, from what I hear takes a month or more to get? I have antique letters for some of my other prescribed antiques, but I was hoping not to have to wait so long. On a previous deal in the USA all I did was fashion up my own paper detailing the qualifications of the firearm (French 1873) and it was sent up no problem (made it in less than 10 days). The deal I am working on now the seller wants an "official document" which I would like to take as a copy of a FRT report listing all Colt New Line Pocket revolvers as antique. It is in .41 Short Colt (41 cal C) on the side of the frame, same as the other one I have now.

It just got my antique letter today and only took 48 hours. Very simple. Although against a lot of folks better judgement I decided to get one for piece of mind. Yes, it is definitely like a hidden registration which is ridiculous but will sure make life easier should anyone question that revolver in my safe.
 
And if you sell the gun, the letter can go with it. Round and round it goes. The hidden registration thing is only for the believers. I only use tinfoil for the BBQ.
Letters are a good thing, especially on questionable date guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom