Colt Newline .30

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
These Colts showed up in the mail today. Any ideas on making up .30 rf cartridges? Or a box or two of factory ammo would be nice.
Both guns are in great shape to use, one is missing a lot of the nickle. Should be fun to try out. (ammo in the pic is .32 cal.)



P1030848.jpg
 
one of the frist antique Rimfires i had was a colt newline in 30 Rf.
I made my own ammo from brass tubeing and 27 caliber hilti caps with the powder dumped out.
The 27 cal hilti works just centered on the tubeing.
I made up a heeled bullet mold for it to.

Worked great with BP loads and i shot right thru 5/8 plywood at 10 ft with it.
Only troble i had was getting the tubeing stuck on the hilti cap some shot the tube down the bore part way and of course jamed up the gun. I found useing some epoy worked but you need to reglue it after each shot.

I doubt you will find alot of 30 rf its hard to come by like hens teeth.

Nice set you have there.
 
This is the first relevant post I found with the magic search function and a glass of brandy.

Why brass tubing, when .27 Hilti is pretty darned close to the right size? Did you try tighter (needs stretching) tubing? I found some stuff used to make pens that looks likely, and there must be some ball (2 1/2 buck looks likely) that would work.

Has anyone else had any luck with home brew .30 rimfire?
 
Back
Top Bottom