Colt pocket revolver in .31 - actual bore diameter?

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
I'm back with more annoying and possibly inane questions!

The cap and ball colt pocket revolver in 31 caliber...... does that mean bore diameter is in fact, .310 land to land, or is it usually a different diameter?

I ask because .44 mag is in fact 0.429, 38 special is in fact 0.357, 44-40 is in fact 0.427, 44 russian is 0.429, 41 long colt is 0.386, 7.62 is technically 0.30 etc. etc. etc. etc. and I can't find an answer to this question elsewhere.

I know bores will vary, but I'm ok with an average bore diameter, or even if they're SUPPOSED to be .310.

Thanks!
 
I just measured my original 1849 Colt Pocket, ca. 1856 and the following came out;
Chambers--0.318 to 0.320.
Barrel, breech/forcing cone---0.320-0.324
Barrel, muzzle--0.318-0.322.
Hope this helps
 
Definitely does - thanks guys! As is probably apparent, I'm still fixated on the idea of an 1849 pocket with cartridge conversion, so while I wait for mine I'm sorting out rough paths I could follow to achieve that end. My hope is to have a kirst konverter made to my specs so I can just drop it in without altering the gun at all.
 
There's always bulk buckshot once dia is established or if time is not of the essence a gang mold.........Harold
 
Back
Top Bottom