Colt SAA in Action (pic heavy)

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
I finally got my hands on Goex black powder. Loaded some rounds and went to the range today with my Colt SAA revolvers in .41 Colt. I've always wanted to get muzzle flash photos, and liked the BP ones I saw in another thread on here. So here is my contribution. :D

2yv5pc2.jpg

34dpe6o.jpg

2rfphxc.jpg


9tkhtf.jpg

13yp5wk.jpg

2gtyh75.jpg


1hqsfk.jpg

35mnout.jpg

28v92q1.jpg


f9921.jpg

288c96t.jpg

10zxt2s.jpg


It's interesting the hammer never moves, something to do with exposure speed?
 
I was wondering that myself; most puzzling. Almost as if you were getting two exposures; an initial one and a second one created by the muzzle flash.

cheers mooncoon
 
I think you were using a long exposure that, was slow enough that it didn't capture the moving hammer, or the recoiling Colt. Only the moments just prior to the shot is the Colt stationary long enough to be recorded. That's my guess. Nice photos! I like that muzzle blast.
 
Very neat pics!
And some people say Antiques are no good for bear defence Hell poke that down its throat and you would cook his liver :D
 
I just love pics of black powder fire arms in action so cool its the ten year old side of me .
 
Nothing beats the sound and flash from a BP cartridge, whether rifle or six-gun, .....nicely done, keep it real!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom