Colt Year of manufacture?

DANCESWITHEMPTIES

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Can someone with reference to Generation 3 Colt S.A.A. serial numbers give me a date of manufacture for number S56***A? From what little I've found, it's probably built after 1994 ("4th Gen.") and has a full length cylinder bushing v.s. a bushed spacer at the end of the cylinder. Can anyone confirm this as true? Thanks in Advance for any help...
 
Ive been told you can just call Colt on their 1-800 number and ask for the the date of manufacture. They will tell you that and only that. Anything more requires a high priced letter.


Hope this helps

McLean
 
No luck... Thanks for the info though. Stalking the Colt forum I found, through old threads, that the serial number was probably after 2005. I know this doesn't fall under antique status, but figured I'd have better luck with an answer here.
 
Back
Top Bottom