Confirmation Needed

rbell

Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hello Folks, I have recently acquired a Liege United Arms Co Ltd Victor 12g sxs. It is lock solid and in really good condition for what I would assume a mass produced Belgium shotgun. Missing its butt plate though. Before I post for one I just want to clarify what I have. By the markings I figure it to be mfg between 1910-1924 proofed for black powder only. So far I have been unable to find anything on this VICTOR. Any help would be appreciated. Tks
Victor_zpscxcrfs1i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Victor2_zps44ofafie.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Last edited:
I believe that proof mark (crown over the oval) came into being around 1893. More to the point, you would be much farther ahead to buy a stock butt plate at a local sporting good store or at a gun show and fit it to the gun. The odds of finding a butt plate specific to that make and model are pretty slim. The odds of finding a generic plate that you can modify and fit to the gun are very good

cheers mooncoon
 
Alors - top to bottom as seen -

265 - serial number?

CHOKE 17,6 over 18,5 - gauge of the choked portion of the barrels in mm. As the 'steps' are in unitary amounts, ie not in 0.2mm graduations, this dates to after 1894.

Star over O - inspector stamp.

Intertwined cursive EL = Épreuve Liége - Liége Proof House stamp for smooth-bore firearms since 1852.

Star over H - inspector stamp.

Perron column - a famous landmark in Liége and stamp of proof of breeching system.

12C in diamond - nominal gauge for BP firearms.

Crowned cartouche with E over LG and star - definitive BP proof since 1893.

tac
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom