thinking of buying a higher end 7.62x39
Are the cons of buying the cheap corrosive worth the damage they will do to the gun over time, or if you clean in regular it is ok?
When you get home after shooting, flush the barrel with boiling water, the heat will dry the the metal in a sec. After clean as usual with bore cleaner if you want and oil very slightly. I use this method with my cz and after many many hundred rounds, bore is like new, never have any rust. The secret is cleaning and that dont take so much time doesn't matter what peoples say.![]()
I fired around 70rds of this stuff with my Russian SKS and it's so bloody dirty. Nothing else to compare. I scrub and scrub and pull patches for 15 mins and patches still comes out black but not as black as first few minutes. I give up... 15 mins of cleaning and I call it quits. If the barrel goes kaput, so be it.
Use boiling ammonia !
Its the only thing that will keep yer shootin iron from rustin away to nuthin within 5 mins after shootin !
![]()
"...Use boiling ammonia..." The gases will kill you.
Plain hot water is the way to flush corrosive primer salts. The cleaning part of Windex is the water in it. Ammonia does nothing.
"...Private joker..." Junior Lieutenant(2Lt), of what needs a colour picture. His daddy is/was likely a Party Member. Still in Siberia though. Or some place equally as ugly.



























