I wonder if the OP would want to buy a cap & ball or flintlock antique ?
.
, it'd make a great discussion for Wendy & Co.....
I think that's the 200-level course....![]()


Shooting full power 45 acp in french 1873 will result in it blow up in your hand.
Importing AR-180B from the US involves you paying almost $500 in fees to US exporter, not $250, and you'll never see your rifle because it's chambered in 5.56 NATO and have a flash hider on the nozzle.
Better just get your RPAL
Mr. lone gunman, I am old and sometimes misserable, especialy in a cold goose blind on a snowy morning.Why won't I see my ar-180b? I would really like one but probably can't afford it for a few months.
I see a few nice antique revolvers on the EE.. I might have to save 1000$ and buy one. I wish i knew more about the colt revolvers, s&w, and the 1892.
about the antique revolvers in general, more research is required.
is it possible to buy ammunition online that won't blow up in my hand? I see a few canadian sites, and it looks like they pack their own ammo and sell it?
Truthfully, if I buy an antique pistol, it will just sit in my gun safe 99.9% of the time.... but I really just want to own one, maybe shoot it a few times at buddy's farm or range... then just admire it. If I am paying that much money for a gun, I am not going to want to damage it or use it too much. Like I said, they're investments kind of and I'd really like to start collecting.
Like I said, I own a remington 870 which I have not had the opportunity to shoot yet. And I am purchasing 2 more rifles very soon, and I hope to find the opportunity to take these to a range and blap them. Lastly, I find a lot of users on this forum are very friendly and very helpful, and a small portion of them are jerk-offs, probably old and miserable.
cheers
if you shoot your antique straight up in space with heavy bullets, say like 500 grains, It is a safety issue, you are not sure of your target and beyond. And it may hurt coming back down.Mr. lone gunman, I am old and sometimes misserable, especialy in a cold goose blind on a snowy morning.I am an antique myself to some of my young hunting and shooting friends but funny thing they all want to hunt and shoot with me. having read all your posts and threads and trying to figure what you are up to. You may just be really excited about shooting and in a few years might be responsible enough to own firearms. I say this from more years than I want to talk about of teaching firearms safety, collecting, shooting, selling guns in a store and doing gunshows. In other words yes I have seen it all. Before you mouth the word paranoid, thats one thing I,m not. I give a fat flying duck if you blow your own head off. Just do it with some other thing than a firearm. You have been given excellent advice on here from very very knowledgible responsible firearms owners, many young, some old. Most are just concerned of what your real intentions are with firarms and want to help you and not see any damage to the shooting community, from irresponsible firearm ownership. I have no idea how you got your PAL, your knowledge of firearms from some of your questions is at a level with my ten year old grandson but less respectful of the good advice you have got. He has yet to take firearm safety. I really hope the people selling you these guns need the money. My advice, for what it,s worth: Take your firearms safety course from a qualified instructor, get your RPAL. Post all your info on your CGN profile , Join a gun range in your area. Make lots of friends in the shooting community, learn everything you can about shooting and guns, If you are actualy old enough to own fireams after a year or so of this education. Get into buying guns. Yes you have the right to own fireams if your intentions are legit and you legaly qualify to own them. You may well find that you enjoy trap or skeet shooting most, or maybe restricted handgun shooting, rather than AK look a likes. You will save a lot of money too which seems to be important to you, because then you will be buying the guns you will enjoy. Not flip flopping around. Whether anybody likes this or not, AK 47,s and antique firearms don,t go in the same safe. I hope you can take this advice with no malice intended, You see I really am not a jerk off to most people.
. Oh I may be able to help out tonyG there too (good one) lol
if you shoot your antique straight up in space with heavy bullets, say like 500 grains, It is a safety issue, you are not sure of your target and beyond. And it may hurt coming back down.
![]()
Oh gosh now it's time to be paranoid , the almost lawyer has us on the stand says some of us are Old, Miserable, Jerkoffs, Grumps and Douchebags . ah such is life . I love to hear that professional lawyer talk.Thanks for taking your time to let me know about your concerns, and the concerns shared by some of the other members of this forum.
Maybe I went a little bit far with what I said - but it should be clear what I intended to say.
It just seems some people are worried about me and my intentions, when there is no need to be. I am a mature university graduate, won a huge academic scholarship, and had some free time so I went out and got my PAL. I can repeat it numerous times, but if noone believes me, then whatever. I understand there are helpful people, and there are other douchebags, c'est la vie.
You may 'have no idea' how I got my PAL, but it wasn't that difficult, mostly common sense stuff. If I can complete a Law degree from a reputable legal institution, without an undergrad (if anyone knows the importance of this), I think this means I am fairly competent. But while I may have book smarts, I don't know much about firearms, hence my posting of 'silly' questions.
Takes me to my next point; you criticize my lack of knowledge with respect to guns - but I thought forum was to discuss firearms, share knowledge and experiences, learn new things about guns? if every individual were to get criticized for their lack of knowledge, then how beneficial would this forum be? Would be pretty pointless and filled with grumps like yourself. Worried about nothing.
Lastly - I wanted to learn more about antiques for that very reason: i do not want to blow myself up. I'd imagine that guns from the 19th century may not work perfectly, and was concerned about the gun blowing up in my hand for whatever reason.
And while the 1892 and 1873 french revolvers look really cool, and I would really like to own one, I will likely have to delay until the Spring. So I can do some more research and save money and whatnot.
again - I appreciate you guys are concerned and worry about my true intentions... but I am just a young, mature individual who is very interested in owning and collecting firearms. I appreciate those who have taken the time to share a little bit of their knowledge with me, because I have learned a great deal from CGN members. But like I said, it seems like the antique revolvers are out of my league until I do greater research.
cheers.
Sure makes you want to help someone eh. "Besame el culo"Actually, I would take that sort of 'plain English' over the kind of legalese that lawyers actually use.... the almost lawyer has us on the stand says some of us are Old, Miserable, Jerkoffs, Grumps and Douchebags . ah such is life . I love to hear that professional lawyer talk.
Again, thanks for your concern. I have posted in the other forums (Red, Military guns) and they have been far more helpful than this one. The people in this forum (antique guns) must be older, paranoid?



























