A few years ago, I ordered a 45 Schofield conversion cylinder from Howell, through Taylor's and Company, for a Pietta 1858 I had on hand. I really wanted to see if it would work in an original 1858, or not, as I had read that the Pietta cylinders would. Well, it did. A few original guns later, and more cylinders, they have proven to work more times than not, but this really has more to do with the condition of the gun. Sometimes the timing needs to adjusted, and sometimes not, but, they certainly can be made to work, especially if one wants to use the very fine services offered by Rusty Wood.
I spoke with Howell today, and after attempting to explain our "funny" gun laws to them, they asked that I let people know that these cylinders are available, in both loading gate, and standard configurations via special order. I did mention that I wasn't sure how popular the loading gate model was going to be, as most weren't going to take a Dremel to an original frame.
I'd be happy to try and answer any questions, but for pricing and delivery, please contact Howell directly. I have had multiple cylinders, as well as other parts, sent directly here, without the need to import, as they are classified as antique parts in the US.
No stake in this for me, just passing info along for those that may be interested.
R.
I spoke with Howell today, and after attempting to explain our "funny" gun laws to them, they asked that I let people know that these cylinders are available, in both loading gate, and standard configurations via special order. I did mention that I wasn't sure how popular the loading gate model was going to be, as most weren't going to take a Dremel to an original frame.
I'd be happy to try and answer any questions, but for pricing and delivery, please contact Howell directly. I have had multiple cylinders, as well as other parts, sent directly here, without the need to import, as they are classified as antique parts in the US.
No stake in this for me, just passing info along for those that may be interested.
R.


















































