Looking at a 31 cal colt that's in rough condition that could be a good candidate for restoration and possibly conversion.
Since I can't convert to 32 colt short/long, 32 S&W reg and long, and 32-20 winchester because of antique regs without it becoming prohib due to barrel length (it's a colt pocket.... God I love octagonal barreled snubbies!).
So, what cartridge conversion would you suggest for a .31 colt conversion? Or say, the .44 colt conversion?
I'm assuming there are kirst Konverters in the non-antique calibers, is it possible to convert a Konverter to an antique caliber?
*edit - perhaps a blackpowder 8mm lebel pistol cartridge? The Bore diameter of a .31-.32 cal barrel should be between 7.87 and 8.12 mm assuming it isn't shot out or that I've missed something in regards to the size of .31 colt barrels.
I also haven't taken into account for 8mm Lebel OAL in relation to the cylinder length, but I guess the brass could always be shortened. (Unless that would make it into one of the prohibited cartridges?
)
Also, don't know if it would be too much pressure, or if that would leave too little metal left outside the cylinder.
Obviously it would take a lot of work and planning, but I'm trying to establish if there's a straitforward solution to start with.
P.S. I apologise if I'm off in a weird direction with all this, but I like the look of CAS and would like to have a colt pocket revolver that might one day be useable at a competition (reduced loads and probably only once
).
Since I can't convert to 32 colt short/long, 32 S&W reg and long, and 32-20 winchester because of antique regs without it becoming prohib due to barrel length (it's a colt pocket.... God I love octagonal barreled snubbies!).
So, what cartridge conversion would you suggest for a .31 colt conversion? Or say, the .44 colt conversion?
I'm assuming there are kirst Konverters in the non-antique calibers, is it possible to convert a Konverter to an antique caliber?
*edit - perhaps a blackpowder 8mm lebel pistol cartridge? The Bore diameter of a .31-.32 cal barrel should be between 7.87 and 8.12 mm assuming it isn't shot out or that I've missed something in regards to the size of .31 colt barrels.
I also haven't taken into account for 8mm Lebel OAL in relation to the cylinder length, but I guess the brass could always be shortened. (Unless that would make it into one of the prohibited cartridges?
Also, don't know if it would be too much pressure, or if that would leave too little metal left outside the cylinder.
Obviously it would take a lot of work and planning, but I'm trying to establish if there's a straitforward solution to start with.
P.S. I apologise if I'm off in a weird direction with all this, but I like the look of CAS and would like to have a colt pocket revolver that might one day be useable at a competition (reduced loads and probably only once
Last edited:


















































