Cooey Canuck 22 LR sight help

slim78

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Location
Southern Alberta
I have both of my Great Grandfathers Cooey Canuck 22 LR's that I am restoring so my kids can learn to shoot with them. My one Great Grandfather filed off the front and rear sights and I would like to replace them with as close to authentic looking sights as possible. I can make a new front sight and silver solder it on but have yet to track down a rear dovetail sight. Does anyone have any suggestions or can direct me to where I could find one?

Thanks
IMG_5163.jpgIMG_5166.jpgIMG_5167.jpgIMG_5168.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5163.jpg
    IMG_5163.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5166.jpg
    IMG_5166.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5167.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5168.jpg
    IMG_5168.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 90
Thank you very much Bmck!

Anyone have experience removing and installing a front sight?

Rear sight appears to have some heat marks so if tapping out with a brass punch doesn't get good results apply minimal heat to remove what was used back in 1920's?
 
Thank you very much Bmck!

Anyone have experience removing and installing a front sight?

Rear sight appears to have some heat marks so if tapping out with a brass punch doesn't get good results apply minimal heat to remove what was used back in 1920's?

They are pressed in, you can pull them with pliers
 
Back
Top Bottom