The Winchester stuff is exactly what I am looking for but in 44spl.
Any board dealers stocking?
DeerStalker said:Is this ammo loaded using Black Powder?
I didn't check all the board dealers, but I did call pretty much everyone in the GVRD. No joy on stock.
I had Wanstalls bring some in for me. Craig said his distributor had 12 boxes in stock after my order. IIRC it is ~$55 per box. .44 Special isn't cheap...
Nope. Smokeless.
"...44spl..." Expensive stuff that isn't easy to find. Better to load .44 Mag cases to Special velocities, if that's an option.
"...those guys roll thEIR own?..." Yep. Shooting factory ammo, of any kind, gets expensive quickly.
These guys want $100Cdn. per 50 for Winchester .44 Special Cowboy ammo. $90Cdn. per 50 for Speer. They do list Remington brass at $40 per 100 though. http://www.nofac.ca/links.htm
Epp's lists ammo too. No mention of brand or cost. Won't be cheap.
Wow $55/box, but Wanstalls isn't cheap on custom orders. They brought some 7mm-08 in and it was ~$47/bx.
I guess I am going to have to load my own.
Thx
I would be rolling my own too, but I'm waiting on dies/brass. I also have to give Oma a call for some bullets now that I think about it.
Mysticplayer can get the brass. I've got a backorder with him for some Starline. He can source nickel Rem (in stock at the distributor) but it is almost twice the price of Starline. I'm a fan of Starline in 10mm so I'm waiting until the ship comes in...
Sunray is right. .44 special is not common or cheap. If I'm correct, you don't have the option of doing as he suggests and go for .44 mag. If you can, that would be the best choice to save money.
Sunray is right. .44 special is not common or cheap. If I'm correct, you don't have the option of doing as he suggests and go for .44 mag. If you can, that would be the best choice to save money.

I have a quick hijack question regarding the specs on the Winchester .44WCF cowboy ammo. Would the ammo be suitable for deer hunting or are they specifically loaded "light" for cowboy action? I couldn't find the answer on the Winchester site. I know the .44 has accounted for it's share of deer in the past and was just wondering if I needed to spend the extra $ on jacketed ammo when the cowboy loads might do. The quarry would be coastal blacktail under a 100 yrds. What do you think?
I hope you realize that when you say, "Winchester 44WCF", it`s also known as the 44-40....It appears some people here may be getting the 44WCF confused with the 44 special/mag....Different animals.....I have a quick hijack question regarding the specs on the Winchester .44WCF cowboy ammo. Would the ammo be suitable for deer hunting or are they specifically loaded "light" for cowboy action? I couldn't find the answer on the Winchester site. I know the .44 has accounted for it's share of deer in the past and was just wondering if I needed to spend the extra $ on jacketed ammo when the cowboy loads might do. The quarry would be coastal blacktail under a 100 yrds. What do you think?



























