Crown of my Colts

Ardent

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
818   0   2
Something you don't see everyday, an antique .455 British proofed Flat Top Target Bisley. Colt made 976 Flat Top Target Bisleys, and less than 200 of those were .455's. The survivors are well measured in the dozens, with many if not most converted to more common .45 chamberings, lost, or destroyed. She's our crown jewel, and the strongest of the antique SAA frames. The cylinder is as weak as any other of course, and for shooting I have a custom reamed .455 modern steel replacement.

F32C18C4-D353-4CB5-8F56-F170695CA43C-15433-0000109FEDC2DD52_zps357b7392.jpg
 
Ive been looking for an original antique Bisley for quite some time, let alone a flottop target! Nice score! Would you be able to PM me any info you have on where you found one..

Steve
 
Good God!! Same here, I would give my left nut for an antique bisley. Dont even ask what I would give for a bisley flattop. Very impressive score!
 
Back
Top Bottom