- Wall of text alert, totally OK to blow by all this if you just wanna see the goods.-
I bought a Webley MK1 at the beginning of the year, as I have mentioned in other threads regarding MK's. I bought this firearm to be used and shot in the bush. For those reasons, I decided I needed a holster, a holster that was custom fitted so I could turn the holster upside down and it was stay in, without the use of a retention strap/snap. I found holsters that could work, but I didn't find them suitable to my standards, combined by the fact; I'm a left handed pistol shooter. Thus finding a "off the rack" holster for a 128 year old gun nearly impossible.
So, my search started on finding someone to make a custom leather holster. I found a dealer on here that makes holsters for Mare's legs and whatnot, so I contacted them over the phone, they said they could do it, and we had a long conversation on what I was looking for.
After emailing them to get the ball rolling, I never heard another word back from them. I wont mention names, but I will never deal with those clowns again. Not a fan of business's who don't value my time as much as I do.
I then looked online for local, provincial, federal places that could fill that order, I came up pretty dry. So, I started to look outside Canada, then quickly realized that I'd have to go through the pain of sending a firearm (although it's antique and not a big deal) internationally, which opens up problems with ATF, BATF, and explaining antique firearm laws to the business I would like to send it to potentially.
Discouraged, I put that on the back burner for a while, until I saw some gentlemen shooting BP at a range I was shooting competitively at for the day.
I approached these guys, and they told me to go to the yearly big gunshow in Chilliwack, (which I go to anyway) and be on the lookout for a fella who makes them, as they didn't have his number.
I was browsing around, when I happened to bump into Mark (who's business name will be withheld until i'm sure it's OK to post.)
We discussed what I was looking for, prices, and then he drew up a work order.
Here are some pictures, and sorry for the wall of text! I'm not a photographer, and these were taken with a cell phone., again, sorry.
My request was very straight forward, the holster had to be VERY tight, even retaining the gun while upside down. He also added in a hammer loop JIC, that's actually interlaced into the belt itself. Meaning, If I REALLY needed to yank it out, it will allow it. I doubt that will ever happen, but I appreciated that addition, and a good idea.
These moon clip pouches are individually stitched to a leather backer to make it more comfortable to the shooter.
The tool to remove spent brass from the clips are integrated into the pouch/belt itself.
A look at the "undercarriage" and inside stitching..
This individual, and his business were a pleasure to deal with, and really helped flush my idea's of how I wanted this belt + holster to look like and function.
I bought a Webley MK1 at the beginning of the year, as I have mentioned in other threads regarding MK's. I bought this firearm to be used and shot in the bush. For those reasons, I decided I needed a holster, a holster that was custom fitted so I could turn the holster upside down and it was stay in, without the use of a retention strap/snap. I found holsters that could work, but I didn't find them suitable to my standards, combined by the fact; I'm a left handed pistol shooter. Thus finding a "off the rack" holster for a 128 year old gun nearly impossible.
So, my search started on finding someone to make a custom leather holster. I found a dealer on here that makes holsters for Mare's legs and whatnot, so I contacted them over the phone, they said they could do it, and we had a long conversation on what I was looking for.
After emailing them to get the ball rolling, I never heard another word back from them. I wont mention names, but I will never deal with those clowns again. Not a fan of business's who don't value my time as much as I do.
I then looked online for local, provincial, federal places that could fill that order, I came up pretty dry. So, I started to look outside Canada, then quickly realized that I'd have to go through the pain of sending a firearm (although it's antique and not a big deal) internationally, which opens up problems with ATF, BATF, and explaining antique firearm laws to the business I would like to send it to potentially.
Discouraged, I put that on the back burner for a while, until I saw some gentlemen shooting BP at a range I was shooting competitively at for the day.
I approached these guys, and they told me to go to the yearly big gunshow in Chilliwack, (which I go to anyway) and be on the lookout for a fella who makes them, as they didn't have his number.
I was browsing around, when I happened to bump into Mark (who's business name will be withheld until i'm sure it's OK to post.)
We discussed what I was looking for, prices, and then he drew up a work order.
Here are some pictures, and sorry for the wall of text! I'm not a photographer, and these were taken with a cell phone., again, sorry.
My request was very straight forward, the holster had to be VERY tight, even retaining the gun while upside down. He also added in a hammer loop JIC, that's actually interlaced into the belt itself. Meaning, If I REALLY needed to yank it out, it will allow it. I doubt that will ever happen, but I appreciated that addition, and a good idea.
These moon clip pouches are individually stitched to a leather backer to make it more comfortable to the shooter.
The tool to remove spent brass from the clips are integrated into the pouch/belt itself.
A look at the "undercarriage" and inside stitching..
This individual, and his business were a pleasure to deal with, and really helped flush my idea's of how I wanted this belt + holster to look like and function.
Last edited:


















































