Custom Martini's

CMichaud

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
All right guys, I have a somewhat desecrated/bubba'd (forestock cut, blueing is all but gone, bore is good) though Webley Martini in 577-450. .

I am thinking of cuttiong to carbine length, scoping it, and checkering/ebony nose cap as well as a good hot blueing.

What would you guys do to it to make it a useful hunting rifle that you could give to your kid in 20 years?

Thanks
 
All right guys, I have a somewhat desecrated/bubba'd (forestock cut, blueing is all but gone, bore is good) though Webley Martini in 577-450. .

I am thinking of cuttiong to carbine length, scoping it, and checkering/ebony nose cap as well as a good hot blueing.

What would you guys do to it to make it a useful hunting rifle that you could give to your kid in 20 years?

Thanks
First, send the action to bill leeper and get him to put it in something like
3903Brit, or 225winchester, then get some custom wood by this guy ( he did y 303 ruger wood)
http://www.treebonecarving.com/
That should about do it!:D
Cat
 
I'm in the same boat. Picked up a nice BSA mkIII tonight. Appears to be a straight wall 45 express caliber but the chamber is rusty. Got her soaking with a bore full of evaporust to clean the loose stuff off without damaging the rifling. Chamber was partly plugged with rust but it almost chambered a 45 colt round tonight..... :D Might be a real good find as is....
 
If it's a webley made martini there's a good chance it's not bubba'd at all, and is instead a commercial model. If it was a commercial model, it may very well have been left in the white. Maybe have a look around and be sure that it actually has been bubba'd before you modify it any. Alternately, you could just give it to me and the problem will dissapear! ;-)

J
 
Well if it was in the white it ceratinly would take a whole lot of polishing to make it look pretty. Pretty sure it is a commrcial model as well but it sure looks rough. I would post pics but it is over at the gunsmith's right now
 
Safety maybe...?

None of them (except the Greeners) come with a safety. If your going to pass it on to your kid and you plan on hunting with him/her stay on their good side....
I understand its not hard to do though.


Cheers. Steve.
 
All Webley made Martini's were commercial arms made pretty much to the military spec for sale to officers and volunteer regts. I have one in the white, but have encountered others that were blued or in the white. Webley was famous for its sporting guns, so do your homework, you might have something other than a Bubba.
 
Well it is bubba'd in the sense that she is pretty rough exterior wise and has the forestock cut down. No bayonet lug though so likely a pure commercial I would assume.
 
Last edited:
Well I got the wood finished up to be ready for engraving (46 coats of tru-oil)and here is the finished product so far.

C_Michaud_11.jpg


C_Michaud_21.jpg




The metal is all off getting rust blued so more pics to follow once it is all assembled.
 
Back
Top Bottom