CVA Blazer

koop

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Manitoba
I have an opportunity to buy a CVA blazer for $80. its in fair shape. Is there anything you guys could tell me about it.

Edit:
Okay, wrote to CVA to get some information on this gun, they wrote back that it has a 1:66 twist barrel so round balls are what works best, But they have an exchange program, PROBLEM being that they can't sent the gun to private citizens of Canada, I don't know if it is just the wording that gets me thinking that they can sent it to a distributor or ??????.

And when they say they would send me a "refurbished" ML is that just another blazer, or is it a new base model rifle?

I haven't bought this gun yet, I'm just borrowing it, so I still could back out, but if I can trade it for a better one, why not
 
Last edited:
This recall notice may apply to your rifle check it out for safety reasons:

http://www.cva.com/recall.php

Yeah, I saw that so the first thing I checked was the serial number, on this one I think the year of manufacture is the first two digits and they are 91 not 95 or 96 at the end
 
An early CVA. You won't be happy. Save the $80 and buy something newer that can be 209 primed.

Could you please tell me why I would not be happy?

I haven't fired the gun yet, but I will need a smoke pole for hunting, and $80 is hard to pass up. I'll be hunting with my FIL who will be using a T/C Renegade with open sights. I just don't see how this is any less of a gun, I would get a scope put on so I would think this would have an advantage.
 
Go buy it. Atleast if your unhappy you'll have a backup unless you buy a slightly better quality bp gun you should'nt need a back up............................
 
Last edited:
My wife had one for her first muzzleloader and it was quite accurate with round balls. If you get it be sure to use shooting glasses, we got some sparks in the face from the cap firing. I personaly would look at other muzzleloaders, I just sold a Investarms .45 Hawkens for $100. I say keep looking.
 
Back
Top Bottom