cva inline, should i buy it?

hvmetalhead

Regular
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
St. Paul AB
I have been looking over the EE and i found a CVA inline for sale at $150.00

It sound like a good deal because I am just getting into muzzling loading, and I dont want to spend a ton of money.

I have been doing some reserach on them and I have read seveal reports that they have been know to fail (blow up).

have anyone heard similar?
 
I have a CVA Kodiak .45 cal. in line ML. I can't say enough good things about it. I use only pyrodex pellets in it and never more than two 50 grain ones. This is maximum. I can see how someone who is experimenting with different powders and amounts could get into real difficulty. I have see ML's which have blown up but always suspected either they were loaded double or someone tried smokeless in them. The price seems to be OK. If I was buying another I would definitely get a break action model for convenience. Dave
 
I suggest you join a club.That way, you will be able to try out several different black powder pieces, get advice from the other members and form your own opinions about the pieces you shoot. If you just want to take advantage of the primitive weapons season, an in-line is a good choice, but if you want to shoot in competition or touch and feel a tiny bit of history, try for a more traditional rifle, but first, get with a group!What ever way you jump, welcome aboard! Have fun!
 
I just bought the CVA Wolf from Canadian Tire. Went to the range with her and sighted it in. I can't say enough good things about this ML. I love it. BTW the Wolf is $185 brand new at canadian tire.
 
Back
Top Bottom