CVA Wolf Accuracy

Painer1

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
Peterborough On.
Hi I just bought a CVA Wolf on the weekend.
Tried to sight it in at 25 yards.
First couple shots about 6 inches high but straight in line.
Moved the rear sight down one full mark and the POI never changed.
Moved the rear sight down again and the POI still never changed.

Now I have the rear sight down as far as it will go and the POI is still 4 inches high?

Any ideas?

I'm using 245 grain powerbelts and 2 50 grain pellets of powder.
 
I will once again display my ignorance of rifles but it seems to me that a reasonable distance would be 50-100 yards then it might not be shooting as high. I have a CVA Kentucky rifle with rather crude sights on it and I can usually hit a target at 100 yards.
 
I would also suggest backing up to say at least 50 yards to see if there is any difference. I have a Wolf and at 50 yards it is shooting under 2". I am using a williams peep though.
 
I'd try it out at 50, 100, 150 and 200 yds. You might be very lucky and find that all your shots are within a 6" circle at those distances (although the 200 is unlikely). If that's the case, use a little kentucky windage at close range and hold dead on at other ranges.
 
Back
Top Bottom