CZ457 magazine recommendations

Baked Potatoe

Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day all.
I have had a horrible time with the ten round steel mags. Actual CZ parts. Done a bunch of work with the followers and all the parts involved.
Won’t work in my MTR.
Here is the question, what would be the best non steel mags.
I hope someone can set me straight.
Cheers
 
Have you tried the polymer CZ ones? That's where I'd start. See if you can borrow one from someone to see how it works for you.

Aside from that, I've got some if the NDR aluminum clamshell mags. They're 👌 though more than 2x the price of the CZ polymers. The feeding and even loading is so smooth. Easily noticable when comparing side by side with the the CZ mags.
 
Thank you all for the advice. My rig just doesn’t like them for some reason. It’s in an XRS chassis, maybe that’s an issue.
Past that, ordering polymer.
Are there any brand that is better than the other.?
Cheers and thanks
 
Thank you all for the advice. My rig just doesn’t like them for some reason. It’s in an XRS chassis, maybe that’s an issue.
Past that, ordering polymer.
Are there any brand that is better than the other.?
Cheers and thanks
Before you order different mags, have you tried removing the action from the chassis and loosening off the mag well bolts? With them lose a turn or so, insert a mag, make sure it's seated and then tighten up the magwell hardware.

AFAIK, your only options for a polymer mag are from CZ. There's stl files out there for 3d printed one though I've never tried a 457 printed mag. Yet lol.
 
CZ Polymer mags are cheaper, lighter, quieter, no sharp edges, and the fit tighter and feed more consistently than the steel version.
 
Before you order different mags, have you tried removing the action from the chassis and loosening off the mag well bolts? With them lose a turn or so, insert a mag, make sure it's seated and then tighten up the magwell hardware.

AFAIK, your only options for a polymer mag are from CZ. There's stl files out there for 3d printed one though I've never tried a 457 printed mag. Yet lol.
Yes I have now. Thank you. Still not functioning properly.
Ordering polymer.
Cheers
 
Unless you want to invest in the 'High-priced stuff', Yes. I've used the CZ-poly ones in a 455 and a VMTR with no probs, both the 5s and 10s.
 
All the information has me thinking.
Will standard OEM CZ polymer be what I need.?
Thanks agin for the help
I still run the CZ polymers alongside the NDR. The polymer ones have yet to give me issues. I only ended up with the NDR mags because of the CZ parts drought that plagued us for the last few years. If I were you, I'd be buying CZ mags now while they're still readily available
 
Back
Top Bottom