czech surplus

It's a difference in internal packaging. The newer cases do not have the tin box inside. Instead they have the ammo boxes inside plastic bags. It doesn't seem like much, but the difference between the tin and plastic allows 4 more boxes of ammo to fit in the same crate.
 
It's a difference in internal packaging. The newer cases do not have the tin box inside. Instead they have the ammo boxes inside plastic bags. It doesn't seem like much, but the difference between the tin and plastic allows 4 more boxes of ammo to fit in the same crate.

Is there a rusting problem with these?

IIRC there was a thread about some rusted casings.
 
I always go for the '70's vintage tin boxed stuff as I have seen the plastic wrapped '90's stuff with corrosion and "fur" on them.
 
Klaus is the expert on it as he just bought some from me.:)
Regards, Henry

Thanks Henry, I can't remember the last time I was called an expert (puffs out chest) :)

If you need some x39 surplus right now go see Henry, great guy to deal with (and the best price around) and he will be selling out sooner rather than later.
 
has anybody gotten a crate with a few rounds missing here and there? I had about 20-30 stripper clips with only 9rds in my last case...:confused:
 
^^^pretty sure. I don't go through ridiculous quantities of the stuff, just about 40-60 rds per session, and I almost never lose track of a live round, so I don't think that was happening. It was a crate from Epps with the stapled boxes that only open on one end. 90s mfg i think. Its not that I feel ripped off for missing a few rounds here and there, I'm just curious about it.

I figure these crates were packed by hand, so maybe someone was skimming a few at the factory? I figure theres a good story in there somewhere!:ninja::D
 
Back
Top Bottom