Dale Friesen muzzleloaders

I have a flintlock Northwest Trade gun made by Dale Friesen and would like more information too. Is he still around? Did he use commercial made locks or did he make them himself? The Frizzen spring has a crack in it and I would like to know if I can replace it easily.
 
I do believe he is still alive and kicking is the Swift Current SK. area, don't remember for which small town he is in though. Usually see him at the SC gunshow which is Ap. 11 and 12.
 
I have a flintlock Northwest Trade gun made by Dale Friesen and would like more information too. Is he still around? Did he use commercial made locks or did he make them himself? The Frizzen spring has a crack in it and I would like to know if I can replace it easily.

If you look closely on at the lock and compare it to the pictures in the Track of the Wolf you should be able to determine if it's a lock they carry. The hardcopy catalog has life size pictures even. They stock parts for most makes of quality locks.
 
If I run into Dale next weekend I'll try and get a number and pass it on to you. He used to hang around in the Tompkins area but I heard he has hired himself out and was working around edmonton. If you are in a hurry you could phone kramer in swift current and ask for Greg Illerbrun he will have Dales info.
 
I just Saw Dale at christmas in Piapot. He is spending lots of time in Edmonton restoring tractors but he is still gunsmithing when home in Piapot. He is not building muzzloaders any more but is repairing guns and still doing very good stock work. I think his home number is still 306-558-2049.

He used a number of different locks on his trade guns, some were original locks that he found in the country side, others came from Dixie. I have two of his flintlocks and I love them. My favorite is A 54 cal iron mounted full stock hawken with amazing birds eye maple. When I was young I could almost anything with it, i can still make it go bang very nicely.
 
Back
Top Bottom