Thanks that should help. I have an emailed determination that states they will revisit their decision if I can provide documentation.
What revision of decision, what proof? It is a clear cut case of the gun being an antique (hell, I have an F24### that's an antique, I have the letter too). Is yours currently registered? Is it possible that it is a Belgian copy and not an authentic french version (therefore the serial numbers might be off)?
I hope they're not tightening the screws to us right now, because that would really suck. The last time I called the techs, the guy didn't even ask questions - all he wanted was the serial and the make/model. He then instantly stated that a letter for each gun (I called in for 3) would be sent ASAP and asked if any of the guns needed de-registration (damn, I loved the sound of that question!).

No hassles whatsoever, like it should be. Letters came in a week or so later.
Please keep us posted. This seems to be an interesting "anomaly" and may become another example of how they're trying to screw around with the system. But let's hope it is simply a clerical error...
P.S. The French 1892 is one heck of a handgun and I really like mine. But this is yet another example of how RIDICULOUS our gun laws are... Wtf happened in 1898 that made one 1892 model so much more dangerous than another one that it requires mandatory registration? It's the same freakin gun with the same parts, lol! (this is why, in a perfect and logical world, antique status should be based on the first year of production of a certain model.. because the current regulations are just too confusing for everyone, including the CFC).
