Dawson City, Yukon Museum pics...MG08, MG08/15, NWMP and MISC.

bros

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I went to the Dawson City Museum today and looked at their inventory of firearms and a few other interesting pictures.

I also have photographed a Lee Enfield Carbine that apparently was used in the Yukon Field Force, those photos are in the below thread titled "1953 Photo".

Enjoy the photos.

First up is the MG08......
 

Attachments

  • 1000005160.jpg
    1000005160.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 1000005161.jpg
    1000005161.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 1000005162.jpg
    1000005162.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 1000005165.jpg
    1000005165.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1000005164.jpg
    1000005164.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 49
  • 1000005191.jpg
    1000005191.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
NWMP

This is Telford's uniform and revolver when he was in service with the NWMP.
Note: there is no 1876 Winchester NWMP Carbine in the museum but there is one in the display case in the RCMP station in town.
 

Attachments

  • 1000005169.jpg
    1000005169.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 1000005171.jpg
    1000005171.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1000005170.jpg
    1000005170.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1000005197.jpg
    1000005197.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 20
My wife and I took a trip to Dawson City amongst other places in the Yukon and Alaska this past summer. We checked out the museum there in Dawson and spent probably 2 hours in there. Great exhibits and friendly staff. Didn't see the MG08, but it looks like you got more access than us regular folks
 
Was the Enfield rifle (corroded remains, no stocks) displayed along with the story of how cases of them were discovered in the river after dredging? Family and I took at trip to the Yukon in the late 80s for vacation and enjoyed the museum along with the boardwalk, CIBC bank and undertaker storefront. Beautiful country and scenery.
 
Was the Enfield rifle (corroded remains, no stocks) displayed along with the story of how cases of them were discovered in the river after dredging? Family and I took at trip to the Yukon in the late 80s for vacation and enjoyed the museum along with the boardwalk, CIBC bank and undertaker storefront. Beautiful country and scenery.
I never heard that about this particulair rifle.....

Yup often I have to pinch myself as a reminder to the whole package deal one gets living here, which a large part is the beauty. Secondly some people might enjoy stoplights but I'm quite fine without seeing one for sometimes up to 7-8 months of the year......enough said.
 
Back
Top Bottom