deactivated Sharps carbine value?

todbartell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Location
BC
Curious what a deactivated Sharps 1863 Carbine would be worth? Fairly rough condition

13529253_10153783889317992_6058560457832699027_n.jpg


13508999_10153783889922992_6140426789155521728_n.jpg
 
The priming mechanism would be of interest to anyone restoring an original Sharps percussion carbine or rifle. It's rare to find one that has not been removed, rarer yet if it functions or could be made to do so. I'd recommend signing up on the Shiloh forum and letting your find be known.
 
important question is how is it deactivated. I don`t see any indication of the breach being welded up or a cross pin welded through the barrel

cheers mooncoon
 
Are you sure it's a real gun and not one of the pot metal decorator guns .I ve seen one before that looked that , a guy bought it at an auction and thought he had the real thing was an expensive lesson
 
Back
Top Bottom