Decipher Combat Masters Pricing?

Dont worry he`ll never sell you anything anyway..... He just has a webstore for fun.
 
I think Kurt's gotten to big for the little guy. I only buy a couple case per year, today talked to him on the phone and he basically said minimum pick-up was 4 cases and then he hung up. Time to look elsewhere. I'll remember that when the feeding frenzy ends and he's struggling again. It was the little guys that got him started.
 
I think Kurt's gotten to big for the little guy. I only buy a couple case per year, today talked to him on the phone and he basically said minimum pick-up was 4 cases and then he hung up. Time to look elsewhere. I'll remember that when the feeding frenzy ends and he's struggling again. It was the little guys that got him started.

X2

In my experiences he was always too busy to give a s**t about his civilian customers. If he weren't the only place I knew of to get cheap 200gr TMJ .40 bullets I wouldn't bother.
 
Gentlemen.

AIM projectiles, they have distrutors in both the east and west, and provide a quality product you can actually get you hands on, they are a sponsor here on the board. Might be worth a try.

regards

AbH
 
Wow what a difference in attitude between the two. Too bad they don't have anything I need.

From AIM's site,

"We're standing by for your order! We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, company cheques and cash.

You are more than welcome to come in and pick up your order, as well as meet us and explore our operation if you wish to. Our hours of operation are from 7Am thru 3PM Monday thru Friday and 7Am till noon most Saturdays, or phone to make special pick ups. "

Compared to the attitude and overall superiority complex of BDX. If he is so busy maybe hire some help instead of pissing everyone off.
 
B

If I may, there is an even better way to quietly but effectively voice your discontent, simply vote with your feet and your $'s.

I know for a fact there is a distrubutor in Calgary, Alberta (if that helps) and if your uncertain if there is a distrubutor in your area, give them a phone call (the contact number is on the website), they actually answer!! Just keep in mind the time difference.

Answering the phone, A novel idea no...............

Just my 2 cents worth

Regards

AbH
 
B

If I may, there is an even better way to quietly but effectively voice your discontent, simply vote with your feet and your $'s.

I know for a fact there is a distrubutor in Calgary, Alberta (if that helps) and if your uncertain if there is a distrubutor in your area, give them a phone call (the contact number is on the website), they actually answer!! Just keep in mind the time difference.

Answering the phone, A novel idea no...............

Just my 2 cents worth

Regards

AbH

I am lost, are you bashing me for not phoning them or trying to get me in line with another Calgary based distributor?
 
B:

My friend, I am not bashing you at all.

Further, there is an AIM Distributor in Calgary (closer to Red Deer than the Ontario based opporation), just trying to save you shipping

I too am frustrated with BDX. However, I found that complaining, or pointing out how poor the sevice was at a particular establishment was ineffective, and a waist of time. What I have found effective is to spend money at frims that appreciate your business.

Thats all.

Sorry for the confussion.

Regards

AbH
 
In Kurts defense,..he is just a guy that makes ammo. He does not have a business degree. The skill that he does have is making good ammo. I am 100% in agreement that at times it is fustrating not getting my ammo when I want it. He does runs of different calibres which involved recalibrating the machines and a bunch of other stuff for which I don't have the knowledge to explain properly. We all know guys like Kurt,...they work hard and do not know how to say "no",....i think basically he runs himself too thin,...like butter spread too thin on toast. It is a no-brainer to think he may be having difficulty getting supplies sometimes to fill all his orders, especially with some of those components coming from the USA. He makes every round thru his machines,....every round. There is no assembly line,...no line of packers and trucks standing by,....there is just him. I really like his products,...and only wish I could get them yesterday when I order. I have been using his ammo for the last 3 + years....since before the 2006 nationals. I have "0" (zero),..complaints about the quality of his product; I'll take that over factory ammo any day. I have never had a malfunction due to the quality of his ammo; but have due to being lazy and not cleaning my guns. My 2cents...;)
 
But if it is just him and he is so busy why not hire someone even P/T to take some of what I am sure is a very heavy workload? I don't have a problem with the product in the least.
 
But if it is just him and he is so busy why not hire someone even P/T to take some of what I am sure is a very heavy workload? I don't have a problem with the product in the least.

probably because the salary of a fulltime or part time employee would negate the fact that he needs to make money. We are talking about Alberta here,...even minimum wage is going to cost. Even packing has to be done a certain way to make sure the product is clean and damage free for the consumer.
 
What packing? It comes in plastic bags inside an ice cream bucket. Given how flat the patch is right now, he could get someone easily.
The problem I had was he was an azz on the phone and hung up.
It might be time to buy that progressive Dillion I've always wanted.
 
How about the fact that the prospective employee must pass a background check. Given the nature of the business he would also need to ensure they are of good character and keep their mouth shut re the nature of the business. Theres lots of extremists who would love to make a name for themselves as well as the criminal element. Its not just hiring off the street.
dB
 
What packing? It comes in plastic bags inside an ice cream bucket. Given how flat the patch is right now, he could get someone easily.
The problem I had was he was an azz on the phone and hung up.
It might be time to buy that progressive Dillion I've always wanted.

You think the ammo jumps into bags? How does it get labled...addressed,...dropped off with the courier? some get sent in boxes with care to not have too much weight. I would get the Dillon if you have no luck.
Aside from that,...his prices are very good. I would imagine if he hired someone that price would change. Also,...if he doesn't have components....no makey ammo! Just something to keep in mind.
 
Back
Top Bottom