Declassify cap and ball guns NOW!

I wrote a letter to Vic Toews asking that all muzzle-loading firearms be de-regulated. I pointed out the fact that it's probably 100 years since a smokepole was used to commit a crime in Canada. I tried to garner a bit of interest on CGN, but not much luck. I figured it would be a good move because it's not confrontational and wouldn't generate any bad press, also, it could be done via regulation, so no need for legislation and hearings, etc. Also, every little step we can move ahead without blood flowing in the streets helps advance our cause. Maybe you will have better luck that I will in getting people to act.
 
Darcy McGee

I believe that the last time a cap & ball revolver was used in a crime was the assassination of Darcy McGee by a Fenian with a '51 Navy.

I agree that the restricted status of a repro cap & ball has nothing to do with the cartridge conversion kits. The restriction applied long before they came on the market.

ALL guns laws are arbitrary, not based on logic, reason or common sense, but on politics. The RCMP has usurped parliament by making firearms law, deciding what we can or cannot own.

And as good Canadians, we comply, our true national characteristic being acquiescence.
 
the old orignal antique adaptors are made of iron so not a great idea to shoot modern full smokeless loads in them.

I've been watching the "old" HBO series, Deadwood, and am loving all of the great firearms feature in the show. Some of the revolvers are Colt 1851's, with a Richards-Mason cartridge conversion. Is this what you're referring to? I'm intrigued, and wonder if any of you have seen or owned one......
 
Back
Top Bottom