del

The Remington Reissue rollingblock weren t well recieved by the Black powder cartridge
shooters.There were alot of the typical Remington quality control issues on some of them
and that the BPCR shooters typically expected a more authentic copy from the company that originally produced the gun in the first place.Also I ve read that it was rumoured that the actions were Italian made,whether this is true I don t know.Most of BPCR shooters if they could afford one preferred the copies made by LoneStar such as this one here,

jo.jpg
 
That is a very pretty rifle and the serial number makes it worth some serious bucks, I would think.

I can't afford it, so I guess I will just have to keep shooting my old one, even though .50-70 brass is harder to get.
.
 
That is a very pretty rifle and the serial number makes it worth some serious bucks, I would think.

I can't afford it, so I guess I will just have to keep shooting my old one, even though .50-70 brass is harder to get.
.

Yes & .348 brass hasn't got enough rim to reliably eject:(
 
MAGTECH in Brazil makes 32-bore brass cases which can be used for .50-70. Cabelas handles them in the US, so supposedly here as well. They also make 24-bore which can keep Sniders happy or be necked for those new-fangled Martin-Heneries. US price is $22.50 for a box of 25. They are 2-1/2-inch cases, too.

FIOCCHI also makes both, but with the standard Pottet-type casing although of modern plastic and brass construction. By the time you're finished with it, your ammo looks much like original Boxer! Fellow up in Edmonchuk who handles the Yildiz shotguns imports it. I got some 24 from him a couple years ago, $30 for a bag of 100, primed, if I remember rightly. Excellent price.

Hope this helps.
.
 
you guys saying that .50-70 brass is hard to get try reloading for the .577-450 at $5 each for brass

.50-70 is cheap at only $1.25 each

thanks to Afghanistan and iraq brass and copper have sky rocketed

steel is even gone up

i dont know if any of the spent brass gets sent back home for smelting

all that .50 bmg .223 .308 could be sent home and reused or smelted down

in fact i think thay destroy it and let the locals take it for scrap
 
you guys saying that .50-70 brass is hard to get try reloading for the .577-450 at $5 each for brass

.50-70 is cheap at only $1.25 each

thanks to Afghanistan and iraq brass and copper have sky rocketed

steel is even gone up

i dont know if any of the spent brass gets sent back home for smelting

all that .50 bmg .223 .308 could be sent home and reused or smelted down

in fact i think thay destroy it and let the locals take it for scrap

Personally I spent most of my time killing Taliban and not a lot on policing my brass. Unless it is big (IE. Tank rounds) it pretty much stays where it is dropped. I do believe snipers always collected their brass but it is most likely a lot easier to do one round at a time. ;)
 
Hi Mephistopheles , yes the serial number for this rifle is number "2"

That's pretty neat. Rob you can read a bit about those rifles in Venturino's book Shooting Buffalo Rifles of the Old West. He complains that they aren't a very faithful copy of the original. I'm not a rolling block guy myself, but they sure look like a pretty accurate reproduction to me! I'll bet it shoots pretty well. Interesting that the serial number is 2!

Chris.
 
Back
Top Bottom