DELETE: Value of M94 SRC in 25-35.......Help

Willy Tincup

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
575   0   1
Location
Owen Sound
I'm not sure this is the best site to ask this question but this gun was made in 1910 and so is 100 years old and that meets the definition for most antiques even if not the CFC definition. :)
I think I'll list it on the EE but want to establish a fair market price [Canadian] for it. I see them on Gunbroker that are a piece of crap and reserved at 2400$.
I have pictures of it but I'm from the old school; as in 1 room rural countryside school. What does that tell you?
Anyways; its a real nice clean carbine made in 1910, nice shinny bore and original as far as I can tell. Retains most of the barrel and mag bluing and the action is a charcoal colour which as far as I have researched is legit. Has the saddle ring, original rear sight, front sight. Wood is very good with no splits or cracks; biggest defect is that someone has installed a sling swivel stud on the butt stock at some point.
I value the knowledge and opinions of many of the frequent users of this forum so if you are knowledgable about Winny carbines and want to see the pics and offer an opinion about its value then PM with your email addy.
Thanks and Merry Xmas to all.......wTc
 
Last edited:
when you go to Gun Broker to evaluate for pricing you go to the completed sold listing not the buy it know price.the selling price is the market value .I found two matching your description one sold for $600. and the other for $816 which is right on the money as far as value for a standard SRC.
 
The asking prices on Gunbroker are completely meaningless, judging from what I've seen. I've been following a few that have been listed for almost a year now. As others mentioned above, the 'sold' prices are more realistic. Even then, that is in the USA. The values here can be a little less. Your rifle is not an antique in Canada or the USA. In the USA, it must be made in 1898 or earlier. In Canada, see the sticky at the top of this forum to determine what is. As for prices, hard to say without photos, but it sure would not be $2,000 if your receiver finish has thinned to charcoal.
 
I would say $700- $1000 depending on condition. The swivel stud hurts the value some. You wont find an octagon barrel saddle ring carbine maybe a short rifle but that is a different and more valuable animal. Walnut stocks help too as many SRC's had gumwood stocks in the early 1900's.
 
Price at 2400????? I have bought two this rear in same caliber with the ring and stud and all the bluing on the barrel with grey reciever and good wood including lyman tang. One for 600 and one for 750 and both bought on a internter site here in Canada. This gun will sell in my opinion is 800 tops.
 
Back
Top Bottom