Delete

gunsdora

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.4%
357   2   0
Location
North Bay, On.
Could use some info from the pros. If your gun uses 6.5x54 ammo can you also use 6.5 mm, & or what other ammo cal. Can you use in a gun that uses
6.5x54 ???? Thanks for any help.
 
Last edited:
Not interchangeable, you need 6.5x54 mm Mannlicher-Schonauer. You best bet to find some in Ontario is Epps in Orillia, On.
 
What 6.5 brass are you talking about? 6.5x54 MS? 6.5x52 Carcano? 6.5x55 Swedish? 6.5 Jap? 6.5 Grendel? they might look the same upon visual inspection, but I'm willing to bet that unless it's headstamped 6.5x54 or 6.5 MS, it won't go.

You can only use what your barrel is marked for, with some special exceptions. what you're trying to do is the equivalent of chambering a .30-06 cartridge in a .308. "they're both .30's, they should chamber, right?"

There are several 6.5mm cartridges out there, and none of them will interchange with the other.
 
Frykasj
I have some of all the ones you mention plus some Military ammo . The ones with only MS is HEADSTAMP
Norma Re 6.5x54 MS & Norma Re 6.5x53 MS. I also have some headstamp D.C.Co. 6.5 m-m .
 
6.5x55 Swedish is the most common 6.5 cartridge. It is bigger at the head than the M-S. I do not think there is any case than can be easily formed into 6.5x54M-S. This brass and ammunition can be had, takes looking though.
 
Back
Top Bottom