Whew! I'm glad you said that value was a joke ..... I was afraid that some special provenance had surfaced that showed that General Custer had once used it. I would have kicked myself for the rest of my life and probably asked several others to give me a good boot to the backside as well. As it is, I don't see how I will ever get another one like it for the same price. I am enjoying my 2nd Model American, however. I will say, however, that I can see why the Schofield had a 7" barrel rather than the 8" that the 2nd Model American has. I am finding that the extra inch really slows a fellow's swing down, with the weight cantilevered 8" out there. From handling both sixguns, I'd say the 7" Schofield barrel would make it a faster handling gun in combat. I really do hope to get another Schofield someday, but the cost of them seems to be going up monthly so I will have to get real lucky.


















































