Anyone notice the inconsistant length from brand to brand of 3.5" 12ga shotty ammo? I've compared most of the major brands. Remington, Federal, Challenger, Kent. The Federals are the longest. So long that I have to force them into the mag of my Browning Silver. Challengers are the shortest. They compare to a 3" mag of most brands and they're 3" look like a 2 3/4.
I ripped a few shells open and found that the wadding is longer/shorter depending on the shell. Pellet count virtually the same though. But the Federals are rediculously long. Speed Shok shells are filled with pellet sized plastic buffer.
Anyways, it makes me wonder about the Federals. They almost seem that they'd be too long for the chamber when they open. And ejecting a spent shell manually is a pain in the arse.
I ripped a few shells open and found that the wadding is longer/shorter depending on the shell. Pellet count virtually the same though. But the Federals are rediculously long. Speed Shok shells are filled with pellet sized plastic buffer.
Anyways, it makes me wonder about the Federals. They almost seem that they'd be too long for the chamber when they open. And ejecting a spent shell manually is a pain in the arse.


















































