different sights for Sharps

drache

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Interested in putting a Malcolm type scope on my Sharps or at least looking for a better front sight. I can barely see the bloody thing. Does anyone make a fiber optic front sight?
 
From the picture in your other post, it looks like you have a rear barrel sight. I imagine you've got a thick rounded blade sight on the front then eh? If so, you'll probably enjoy the thing much more if you buy a front globe sight and a rear tang sight. The front globe with aperture inserts will help a lot. In decent light you can shoot them as well as you would a Malcolm scope.

Chris.
 
I have a el cheapo tang peep sight on the rear and a Lyman 17 A on the front with a square post insert, on my rolling block. I prefer that to an aperature in the front because when used with a 6 o'clock hold it allows me to see the whole target and since it is too time consuming to adjust a rear sight with no click stops, it allows me to quickly compensate for wind and drop errors. I am prepared to admit that with expensive click stop rear tang sight and a setting that is nearly correct, the double aperature is more accurate but I am too cheap to spend $400 or so for the expensive tang sight

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom