Disposal of ammunition in Ottawa

mrakimbo

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Location
Ottawa
Hi,

When I was cleaning out my grandfather's house, I found a box of .303 cartridges, 80 (cartridges, not boxes) or so of them. I thought I'd struck gold 'cos I have an SMLE, but the cartridges are pretty badly corroded.

So... what the hell do I do with them? I doubt they can be cleaned and used, they'll probably fail or hang.
 
Last edited:
Sell them on the EE.
It wouldn't be the first time....:eek:
Just don't mention the corrosion as that is a bit of a turn off for some picky shooters....:rolleyes:
 
If you don't think they'll shoot, then pull the bullets, dump the powder and crush the primer. You could probably use the bullets in reloads. Or, if you can't be bothered, give them to the cops to dispose of. Maybe they'll give you a free camera or something...
 
Hi,

When I was cleaning out my grandfather's house, I found a box of .303 cartridges, 80 (cartridges, not boxes) or so of them. I thought I'd struck gold 'cos I have an SMLE, but the cartridges are pretty badly corroded.

So... what the hell do I do with them? I doubt they can be cleaned and used, they'll probably fail or hang.

Aw, man....
My first response when I read "disposal of ammunition in Ottawa" was to get very excited and happy....wasn't what I thought. :p
 
Aw, man....
My first response when I read "disposal of ammunition in Ottawa" was to get very excited and happy....wasn't what I thought. :p

Hah hah sorry, brother!

I'm gonna sort through the ammo, see what might be ok to at least try firing.


Sell them on the EE.
It wouldn't be the first time....:eek:
Just don't mention the corrosion as that is a bit of a turn off for some picky shooters....:rolleyes:

Haha, that's kinda low, man! Though I suppose since its only the casing and the powder that's bad, the bullets themselves might be worth something to someone willing to do the work.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom