Do BP revolver build kits need to be registered

damowers

New member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am looking for some information if do-it-yourself build kits for revolvers need to be registered with the Firearms Centre - a little background information. My sister in laws father is in poor shape health wise -physically/mentally. She knows that he has 2 black powder revolvers that she says he built from a kit + 30 years ago (an avid shooter back then). She has a PAL for both restricted and non-restricted and wants these to acquire these. She is unsure if they are currently registered. So my question is would these black powder kits be required to be registered? I appreciate any information I can pass on to her.
 
My best .44 Remington was built from a kit by a guy that knew what he was doing. I got it from the guy's son after his dad died.

I lucked out in that two guys I knew in town were both verifiers. One a serving rcmp, the other an auxiliary. Took a while, but eventually got it legalized.
 
Got any pics of it? Blackpowder guns are an absolute riot! Don't worry about the registration process its pretty straightforward and hassle free. I bought an "antique" flintlock pistol that turned out to not be an antique. I went through the whole process to get it legal and it was fine.

Cheers

Mike
 
Try to get them transferred to her before he dies otherwise the Executor will assume possession of them and could get them registered without too much hassle - I have been through that myself so this is not hypothetical. If already registered, the Executor could dispose of them to whomever wanted them, and has a RPAL.
 
Back
Top Bottom