Do you trust reloaded?

3rabee

New member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Alberta
After reading a few threads, including the recent one of our CGN members burning his hand and destroying his glock by buying reloaded ammo, I am wondering what most of you think about buying reloaded ammo? The reason why I ask, is because I am a fairly new shooter and I have always purchased factory ammunition, but I was recently looking to purchase reloaded 9mm FMJ rounds from a company who was licensed by the government (being in Alberta, I found 'The Bullet Shop' in Brooks). I am just curious, would you guys trust getting my ammo from there or should I stick with factory ammo?

Thanks
 
If I don't reload it myself it is factory ammo I use. Plus unless set up properly with all the required approvals etc it is not legal to sell reloaded ammo.
 
If I don't reload it myself it is factory ammo I use. Plus unless set up properly with all the required approvals etc it is not legal to sell reloaded ammo.

To get the proper approvals to sell, is their reloading process inspected or something? Because the company that I was looking to purchase the ammo from has the proper license to sell their reloaded ammunition
 
If it is commercially available reloaded ammo, I'd feel safe using it - no more of an error expectation than with Factory new ammo.

Reloads from private individuals on the other hand ... Unless I have sat and watched them reload myself, and trust them as much as I trust myself, I would not fire it.

That said, i reload for my hunt buddy, only because he has neither the time or patience for reloading himself. But I follow the same process as fo my own rifles, and have storage and use of his rifle in order to ensure I've got a safe load for that specific gun. Usually when loading for him, he'll come over and watch as "moral support" since he doesn't pay me for my time.
 
Back
Top Bottom