Does anybody sell 5.7 x 28 mm in Canada?

MetcalfeShooter

New member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi all,

I am looking (again) at the FN 5-7..does anyone know where one might actually purchase ammo for it? I find its more fun if you actually get to shoot rather than look.

Cheers and thanks!
 
I thought 5.7x28 was designed to pierce body armor. Wouldn't that make it illegal?

The 5.7x28mm round has several versions, but the SS197SR is the standard civilian sporting round with no such properties. It's legal in Canada.

To the original poster, I saw some on CRAFM late last year but not sure if they have it still. It was expensive though, about a dollar a round. Every once and a while you see it here on the EE.
 
The 5.7x28mm round has several versions, but the SS197SR is the standard civilian sporting round with no such properties. It's legal in Canada.

To the original poster, I saw some on CRAFM late last year but not sure if they have it still. It was expensive though, about a dollar a round. Every once and a while you see it here on the EE.

Yup, that's the only place I have seen it (at CRAFM). You should check there for that kinda stuff, they are good at getting a variety of ammo.
 
@FrankieT
I meant that I was reading the CFO website and it said that ammunition specifically designed to penetrate body armor is illegal. (Stuff like the 5.7x28 for the P90 and the 4.6x30 for the MP7)
 
I was looking at the PS90 but didn't pick it up because of this problem. Got the FS2000 instead!!! :D

Perhaps if the supply (and the price) make it more readily available, I may go and pick one up at a later time!

Good luck with your search.
 
@FrankieT
I meant that I was reading the CFO website and it said that ammunition specifically designed to penetrate body armor is illegal. (Stuff like the 5.7x28 for the P90 and the 4.6x30 for the MP7)

Not all 5.7x28 is armour piercing, some is standard FMJ for civilian use. The AP stuff is prohibited and the FMJ is not.

Mark
 
Just bought 2000 rounds on the EE here from Phil Chau he has 2000 left. Look in the ammo on the EE he'll be 4-7 pages down. Price is good with free shipping
 
I am running low on it, ever since I bought a batch from FrankieT.

I only have about 2500 left in my rainy day stash, which equates to a very full .50 cal ammo can.

Not to worrry though, I purchased an RCBS Pro 2000 progressive press specifically for this caliber, and the custom dies and shellplate should be in the mail next week from RCBS. It will be a bit slower then my 1050, but unfortunetly the Dillon does not work with 5.7x28

I have about 2000 brass to work with, so I am good in that respect too. Look forward to CGN's first progressive 5.7x28 reloading thead in the coming monthes. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom